As you know, I am listening to Bone Thugz ‘First of the Month‘ in this very moment to really welcome the first day. Each month I have a ritual of clearing out the bullshit that might have been February, celebrating all the good stuff and then I create a space for the new month with three new words and goals to set my sails on a conscious course.
So, here we go, first of the month, wake up, get up…
The two things I’m most proud of from February are:
1) I nailed my goals of three new friend dates in Denver and I hosted a private vision board party with lululemon athletica Denver at my own home this past weekend. I have shared this before on podcasts yet making friends in your 30s is such a different ball game. Enjoying the journey. And you know, vision boards are amazing. Make one, I'll post a vision board party hosting blog here shortly to support your efforts!
2) My other company Rock Your Bliss launched a 7 week online coaching program that goes live TODAY. We have an incredible bliss tribe that signed up from the USA to Canada to Germany! I am so proud of our efforts in the past year to create this program and cannot wait to share it with the World as we design our bliss into Spring!
The two things I’m most grateful for from February are:
1) I am grateful for my meditation practice I have started. While I did not meet my goal of meditating every single day (note: I missed three days out of the entire month, whoa!), I have found a great connection to my breath and body in this practice. I have been using the CALM app as I love the nature sounds I can choose from in the background!
2) I am beyond grateful for my friends. My best friends threw me a baby shower in LA on my birthday and I cried with major gratitude and love in front of a little teepee with hot chocolate (perfect themes). To be honest, I miss the amazing friendships I had (still have) in LA. I miss seeing them every single day, I miss hugging them and clinking wine glasses together. And my heart yearned for that deep tribe connection, it was like soul salve and I am so beyond honored to have amazing people in my life like the ones I found in SoCal. Thank you Mary Beth LaRue, Matt Hoglund, Ally Pfiefer and Niki Angleton for throwing such a love fest for the sweet baby girl Hynes (and for me). It means so much, still.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from February is: TRUST. Trust in the timing, trust in the now-ness and trust in myself. I get caught up in the hustle and the notion to trust my actions and what I am creating is so powerful.
My intention for March is: NEST. I am making my house a home, I am cultivating a space of warmth and love for myself, for my husband, for the sweet pups and our little baby girl arriving in April
One thing I aim to do every day in March is: practice a form of self love every single day. This will be a conscious effort, truly. So to rock accountability (maybe check on me!), some of the ways I practice self love are: reading at night, good organic foods at the grocery, experiences with loved ones like hiking in Boulder, mala bead making with a vedic chart reading (totally did this last month and loved it), positive self talk (on post it notes all over my house), being of service makes my heart beat (volunteering is on my calendar this month), going to yoga and seeing it as a gift to myself not a workout, get my nails done, get my hair cut, take myself on coffee dates with a book, Facetime with my close friends....
Because I am brave, here are two new/scary things I will do in March:
1) I will write a weekly blog series this month on my own journey of body image and pregnancy. I will not worry about what other people think and I will share my truth.
2) Chris and I will create a new vision together for our future family life, love life, sex life, married life, Colorado life...this life. It is time.
The one book I definitely want to read in March is: 'Ina May's Guide to Childbirth' by Ina May Gaskin. It is time to get my baby knowledge on, for real.
Psst. Psst. I have an online book club called the Novel Grapes where we read together, this month we are reading Bill Bryson, join here.
Just for fun, I will… stay up late eating ice cream with face masks on when my best friends and family come to visit this month to help me prep for baby life!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will… volunteer my time to help grow my community and support my Denver city.
Your turn, explore your monthly review and get intentional with your March. Give this exercise time, I found myself actually digging in deeper when I gave each question more thought.
Happy March to you and you and you!