A Monthly Review: January 2016
At the current moment, I am listening to Bone Thugz 'First of the Month' to really land the first day, works like a dream. Each month I have a ritual of clearing out the bullshit that might have been January (or any lingering mental drama from 2015 or all of my life, really - it gets sticky those old habits and patterns on repeat) and then I create a space for the new month with three new words and goals to set my sails on a conscious course.
Well, this past Friday the incredible Nicole Antoinette landed in my inbox with a sweet PDF to rock a monthly review of January and get intentional for February, available HERE. So I am going to embark on this style today to let go and create the new month. And, get excited, we recorded a podcast episode on her Real Talk Radio, it went live TODAY and you can listen in right here. I share about living your values, the transition that is pregnant life and letting go of the past with some sweet igolu tools and some of those real life stories of my own that got really sticky.
So, here we go, first of the month, wake up, get up...
The two things I'm most proud of from January are:
1. Honestly, I am so proud of my communication with my husband. We are still fresh to this marriage life and it is a great reminder, even as our family shifts to add another human, to explore our love deeper and our raw and real communication as we both shift and change. Revisiting the vows often, sharing the vulnerable moments and being on the journey together, it is a choice day to day to day.
2. As a lululemon ambassador, I am given the gift of sweat. The company pays for my fitness and yoga classes, I know, amazing. This January I committed to the Lagree Method at a studio called Fierce45 here in Denver. At 25+ weeks pregnant through the last month, I am proud of myself for getting my body into a routine that feels good for me and Baby Girl Hynes. The hot chocolate addiction is real, the sweat is necessary.
The two things I'm most grateful for from January are:
1. I am grateful for family. I went home to Houston this past month and got to spend time with my parents and sisters and my Aunt (and her best friends that I call my Aunts) and it was really special. The most small details I remember, like my Dad reaching out to connect to his first grandkid growing in my belly, my Mom taking off work to have lunch with me before I left, facemasks and watching old Friends episodes with my sisters and the baby wine glass I consumed at Happy Hour with the Aunts. Life is in the details. Every time.
2. And I am grateful for hot chocolate. And ice cream.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from January is: Being open and vulnerable with your voice (out loud, written, within) is a key to magic. Share with the grace that we are all just winging it, even you, sister. More writing to come...
My intention for February is: Curiosity that change is our only constant and who I choose to be in this understanding, this unknowingness and this truth. Am I reacting to change or giving myself permission to feel the actual change and learning from it? #deepthoughts
One thing I aim to do every day in February is: It is time to explore meditation. Bring on all your recommendations. I have tried the Headspace app, tell me what else you do to commit fully to this?
Because I am brave, here are two new/scary things I will do in February:
1. Host a vision board party in my home, even though the living room and truly the entire house is not decorated yet (at all). Get over yourself, Jacki, let's get people up in your new pad and connect!
2. I will go on three new friend dates!
The one book I definitely want to read in February is: Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change by Pema Chodron. Psst, I have an online book club where we read together, join here.
Just for fun, I will... take my husband snowshoeing!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will... host (totally free) pop up coaching calls throughout the February weeks to share learnings, tools and create a space for connection.
Your turn, explore your monthly review and get intentional with your February. Give this exercise time, I found myself actually digging in deeper when I gave each question more thought.
Happy February, all!