A Monthly Review: May and June Intentions
Each month I have a ritual of clearing out the bullshit that might have been my previous month, celebrating all the good stuff (a must) and then I create a space for the new month with three new words and goals to set my sails on a conscious course (inspired by the amazing Nicole Antoinette). I find it to be an intentional practice that creates a checks & balances type system, hello accountability and personal responsibility.
So, here we go, day 8 of June, wake up, get up...
The two things I’m most celebrating from May are:
1) I will share my birth story and postpartum in another blog, however, I had quite the journey as the calendar turned to May and I found myself a week later after delivering Evi in the operating room under the bright lights. Ironically, in my May intentions blog, I created the space to be present and slow it way down by declaring I would not work. Holy wow did the Universe respond and make that happen. My recovery from surgery and the loss of over 1L of blood was needless to say VERY very slow. I am celebrating my strength mentally when physically my body was very weak.
2) F-A-M-I-L-Y. You all know and for the new readers, family is my number one value deep in the depths of my soul truth. And hot damn, my family made it happen in May. My Mom extended her trips. My Dad flew back to Denver from Houston to take care of me. My in-laws came in and picked up right where my parents left off. My Father-in-law basically completed every house project that existed (and that we did not know existed). They cooked, they cleaned, they carried me through the recovery month. I celebrate the family, I truly do.
The two things I’m most grateful for from May are:
1) My health and the ability to bounce back at my own pace. Period.
2) So grateful for all the nurses in the World that have made a career out of caring for other human beings. What a beautiful example of living on purpose with purpose. Thank you for what you do and with the most insane hours, bless you.
Anything to release or let go of from May, speak now: Expectations. All of them.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from May is: The power of vision work. I was living in fear for the early part of May. So many fears of being a new Mama, my body healing, and are the doors locked? And I realized the lesson of choosing faith over fear and the power in giving myself something to believe in. I had to create a vision for the month of May. Where I find I usually create huge, large 10 year visions, I needed one for the now.
My intention word(s) for June is/are: TRUST.
One thing I aim to do every day in June is: I just sang Olivia Newton John's 'Let's Get Physical' in my head. Albeit the physicality will look different that I am used to, I will absolutely do something physical every single day. A walk in the park, run when cleared by my doc, yoga in my living room, swim, lovemaking when cleared by my doc, hike, dance with the sweet babe in my arms...
Because I am brave, here are two new/scary things I will do in June:
1) Launch my Novel Grapes book club retreat set for September in Grand Lake, Colorado!
2) I will create an igolu Level 1 call Series for Mamas. This work has been instrumental and truly eye opening in the life transition and that is Mamahood. I will create this space for Mamas to share in creating their legacy, rocking their vision and living their goals.
Just for fun, I will… join a local Moms group!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will… continue to soften my language towards my recovering body. I know this was my intention for May but I am going to continue it for June. Feel free to borrow if needed.
Your turn, explore your monthly review and get intentional with your month of June, even if it is June 8 already. No time like the present to get intentional and maybe press that RESTART button (or hell, even press START).
Happy June to you and you and you!