Each month I have a ritual of clearing out the bullshit that might have been my previous month, celebrating all the good stuff (a must) and then I create a space for the new month with three new words and goals to set my sails on a conscious course (inspired by the amazing Nicole Antoinette). I find it to be an intentional practice that creates a checks & balances type system, hello accountability and personal responsibility.
So, here we go, December 1 wake up, get up...
The two things I’m most celebrating from November are:
1) Totally celebrating Chris and I for roadtripping to my hometown of Houston, Texas for Thanksgiving, with a jaunt in Austin for the weekend of fun before! We had great conversation as the open road always calls for that, Evi baby was an absolute dream roadtripper and we enjoyed family love and delicious turkey!
2) I am celebrating my best friend Matt Hoglund for absolutely rocking his goal of delivering one sweet one-man show in California to support his Imagine1day fundraiser. We flew out to surprise him and bare witness to the magic and he brought the house down via voice, killed it in the style department in a merlot suit, and met his goal of raising over 10K for his March trip to deliver igolu and build a school in Ethiopia! WOW!
The two things I’m most grateful for from November are:
1) A lot of my favorite humans were born in November. My Mama, my littlest sister, my best friend Alex, my husband...(to name a few!). Honestly grateful they were born. Period.
2) My middle little sister moved to Colorado! She is taking up residence in our guest room and we have sipped red wine watching holiday films, she is loving up Evi bear while I travel in December and she cooks! We have a very special sister bond and it is a joy to see her every morning, truly. We used to share a trundle bed growing up, how fun to be roommates again! Now all the Carr sisters live in CO, so I will sing WE ARE FAMILY, I GOT ALL MY SISTERS WITH ME!
Anything to release or let go of from November, speak now: Whoa nelly. I packed my plate too full this month of November. I release the imbalance in my calendar (and mind) and have decided to take a TAKE 2 with my scheduling for December.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from November is: I keep learning this lesson and it bares repeating: Alignment does not happen just once, it happens always and in all ways. Communication is clutch, keep it up.
My intention word(s) for December is/are: MINDFUL.
One thing I aim to do every day in December is: Move this body. Run, yoga, dance, bootcamp and pilates, I am back and it feels so good to be exploring this postpartum bod with self love, grace and all the gentle cheerleading.
Because I am brave, here are two new/scary things I will do in December:
1) Make the time to take myself for a massage. Mary Beth and I gifted each other one to celebrate all the Rock Your Bliss love of 2016 and I keep saying I will book it and I don't put it on the calendar. On it.
2) I will celebrate Christmas with my husband's family this year. This is very new for me as every year I have celebrated at my Grandmas' respective houses with my own family in Indiana. Tradition run deep for me. And I know that marriage is splitting time with our families that we love and I am ready to go all in and experience the Hynes Holidays. And yes, I am scared that I will have FOMO and be emotional and miss my Gram. And yes, yes, I know I will be totally fine and it will be so special to explore new traditions. #grownup
The one book I definitely want to read in December is ... 'The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom' by don Miguel Ruiz. We are reading this for my Novel Grapes online book club, you are invited, join in here.
Just for fun, I will… host an ugly sweater Christmas soiree!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will… create a free online workshop in December, details TBD!
Your turn, explore your monthly review and get intentional with your month of December. No time like the present to get intentional and maybe press that RESTART button (or hell, even press START).
Happy December and HAPPIEST HOLIDAYS TO YOU and YOURS!