HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Each month I have a ritual of clearing out the bullshit that might have been my previous month, celebrating all the good stuff (a must) and then I create a space for the new month with three new words and goals to set my sails on a conscious course (inspired by the amazing Nicole Antoinette). I find it to be an intentional practice that creates a checks & balances type system, hello accountability and personal responsibility.
So, here we go, January 1...I mean, January 5 wake up, get up...
The two things I’m most celebrating from December are:
1) I completed my igolu Level 2 Practicum calls with five groups of incredible humans! For my Level 2 certification that I had embarked in for most of the duration of 2016, I practiced with brave souls who graciously allowed me to 'practice on them'. Celebrating and awaiting my certificate to start offering it monthly!
2) I made a commitment to myself to read over the holidays and truly relax. This took asking my husband and his family for support to watch Evi or turn on the fireplace so I could snuggle next to it with my holiday read of Rob Lowe's Autobiography. And I am happy to say, I did just that!
The two things I’m most grateful for from December are:
1) Grateful for family, my own and my Hynes family. Creating new traditions and sharing the love during my favorite season.
2) So grateful for all the love Evi received on her first Christmas season!
Anything to release or let go of from December, speak now: Honestly, I have felt some money drama creeping into my mind and wellbeing. Choosing to release it right .... now.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from December is: Being open to the magic of change allows life to run much more smoothly.
My intention word(s) for January is/are: RELAX
One thing I aim to do every day in January is: trust my gut.
Because I am brave, here are two new/scary things I will do in January:
1) Get on a plane with Evi as we travel to California to host the Rock Your Bliss Ojai retreat! Honestly, every month on a plane ride is different, we shall see what this one brings. Reminder to self: I am Strong as a Mother.
2) I will sign up for a Beginners' Knitting Class!
The one book I definitely want to read in December is ... 'The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World' by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu with Douglas Abrams. We are reading this for my Novel Grapes online book club. Goal to read in 2017, you are invited! Join in here.
Just for fun, I will… go snowshoeing in Rocky!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will… do that wonderful thing where you buy someone's coffee in the drive thru or in line. I will do this five times this month!
Your turn, explore your monthly review and get intentional with your month of January. No time like the present to get intentional and maybe press that RESTART button (or hell, even press START).
Happy 2017. A Year in Review to follow.