Confession: This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love the holiday music (yes I have the all-holiday-music-all-the-time radio station programmed), the twinkling lights, the traditions, the evergreen smells, the cheer, the gnarly sweaters, the seasonal beers (when not preggo) and the always crazy-but-so-worth-it travel planes (via planes, trains, and automobiles style) to be with family. It really makes sense to me.
As this is the season of giving and you might be stumped with a few people on your list, I wanted to share my favorite brands of 2015 that were created with intention and give back. These ideas will rock those stockings and spread the holiday season love:
1) Teysha Boots | Handmade, custom boots crafted in the heart of Guatemala from the Austin, Texas based company, these boots are a dream. When I say custom, I am talking trace the soul of your foot, pick your textiles and have them made to fit for life. I wore the Peace Boots for my wedding, gifted custom pairs in purple textiles to my bridesmaids and officiant, and have my eyes on the Chukka boot style now. Use code 'ShoeGoals' at checkout for a sweet holiday gift of $20.00 towards your boots (for purchases over $80.00)!
2) Simple Studs | The gift the keeps on giving the likes of alignment, focus and a bit of magic, these crystal earring studs are the best when giving with meaning. Founded by powerhouse human, Jordana Wisdom-Keeper, she has combined the likes of studs (earrings) and studs (dudes) to create an amazing brand! I love my amethyst studs in support of my vision crafting and I have the citrine studs to invite in abundance of all forms. Keep it simple this year with so much sweet intention.
3) Kimberly Parry Organics | When I moved to the dry, dry, uber dry air of Denver, Colorado, my skin had a minor, okay major freak out. I started searching for a body care product that was organic, made in the USA and owned/crafted by a female would be a major bonus. Enter Kimberly Parry Organics, a woman-owned company, all organic and based + blended in Utah. The sunflower + olive Body Butter is incredibly hydrating, the ginger mint Foot Balm is out of this world, and as an avid fan of oils, the sweet orange + bay SMOOTH body oil is beyond nurturing. And they have a Baby line called Little Prana and Men's line! Give the gift of self care and use the code 'GIFT25' at checkout for 25% off your entire purchase, thanks Kimberly!
4) Doreen Virtue's Daily Guidance Angels Cards | These hippy dippy cards are wonderful for the spiritual humans in your life who love resources to support in daily guidance, setting a healing tone and checking in with the angels. I love them, especially the 3 card pull to play in the past, present and future.
5) Books on books on books | You know a Jacki Carr Gift Guide List would not be complete without a few of my favorite reads to pile under your favorite book nerd's tree and/or menorah. This year, I really loved: Brene Brown's Rising Strong, Elizabeth Gilbert's Big Magic, Kurt Vonnegut's Bluebeard and always a favorite Paulo Coehlo's The Alchemist.
6) lululemon athletica | You really cannot go wrong with four way stretch, moisture wicking lululemon pants under the tree. I was asked to be an Ambassador this year for the company and am honored to be a part of the Cherry Creek Denver family. Now that I am pregnant, the hi-rise of any sorts are a gift! I live in the Hi-Rise Wunder Unders and the Long Sleeve Swiftly Tech. Great idea to gift an outfit and a one month pass to a nearby Yoga, Spin or CrossFit studio!
7) Local + Lejos | A home decor company for a cause, this brand stands for empowerment through collaboration. Founded by Sheeva Sairafi, she scouts the globe for artisan goods to support a sustainable future for all the global makers. I love my Serape Blanket handmade in Guatemala!
8) Philosophie Superfood | I started a ritual back in October with green smoothies and dog walks every morning by 730am. This combo action really starts my day clear, feeling nourished and honestly makes me feel like an amazing dog mom. Founded by amazing business women and Mother, Sophie Jaffe, Philosophie Green Dream is my protein blend of choice along with some coconut water, spinach, a 1/2 banana and bee pollen! Great for all the preggo Mamas out there, too - I just ordered another batch! Use 'JACKICARR15' for a sweet discount at purchase!
9) Energy Work with Tracy Keough | One more for my hippy dippy heartbeats, a guided crystal grid reading with intuitive guide, Tracy Keough. Every quarter I get my crystal tune-up with Tracy, she sends me my crystal grid the evening before our call time and we have a session about the meaning of the rocks, the present and the future. A week later I open my mailbox and there are the crystals in a sweet hemp pouch from my reading to carry (in my sports bra usually), place in my home or office and use in yoga/meditation/life.
10) The Gift of Goals | A shameless plug to rock your goals with yours truly. You can gift the sweet session of goal coaching to your favorite people (or yourself) this year and get them set up right for 2016. I am offering thirteen (my favorite number) holiday goal gifter sessions for $150.00 each for a 90minute sessions. Email me at email@example.com to get your gift today. I will send you a voucher to print out and perhaps even wrap up in a gift box - goal yourself or someone else, it is the holidays after all!
Great all the goal setters in your life are all set and you checked the list twice. Now go have a (spiked) hot cocoa with extra whip cream, sing some Otis Redding Merry Christmas Baby, and deck the halls like they have never ever been decked before!
Happiest holidays to you and yours from my big beating holiday obsessed heart.