A Monthly Review: August and September Intentions
Each month I have a ritual of clearing out the bullshit that might have been my previous month, celebrating all the good stuff (a must) and then I create a space for the new month with three new words and goals to set my sails on a conscious course (inspired by the amazing Nicole Antoinette). I find it to be an intentional practice that creates a checks & balances type system, hello accountability and personal responsibility.
So, here we go, September 1 (okay, its the 2nd), wake up, get up...
The two things I’m most celebrating from August are:
1) I am celebrating the word 'and'. I am a Mama AND I am an entrepreneur. This past month I added work travel to my calendar and felt like a powerhouse she-woman, to be real. I also learned how to ask for help, wrangle a breast pump and feel the radiance JOMO (joy of missing out) when living your values.
2) Chris and I travelled to LA to see our framily (friend+family) and had an incredible time introducing Evi to our favorite humans and the wise, old Pacific Ocean. Celebrating the deep connection of friends that love you and you love them right back.
The two things I’m most grateful for from August are:
1) I am grateful for an angel child that sleeps through the night (at the moment). I am not meaning to brag over here, but the girl can sleep! We use this lite pink puffy thing called Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit and you guys, it is magic.
2) My best friend, Alex Christensen, with whom I share so many big life memories (we have known each other since college, travelled Australia, moved to LA together and now are neighbors in Denver), took part in my igolu Level 1 August series. Sharing my coaching with my best friends is really powerful and I am grateful she came open and willing to learn new tools with me at the helm.
Anything to release or let go of from August, speak now: I am releasing my tight grip on how my family life and my communication with my husband 'should' look and sound and I am open to how we create it as our own family unit our way.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from August is: The truth will always, always, always set you free.
My intention word(s) for September is/are: Let it be.
One thing I aim to do every day in September is: Find quiet and meditate. I did this so much while I was pregnant and I am feeling a pull to have this practice in my life. I just ordered a new gold meditation pillow from Samaya. Yes, material things help me commit, like new running shoes. My goal is to build a meditation space on my back porch and meditate in the crisp Fallish weather.
Because I am brave, here are two new/scary things I will do in September:
1) I will have the best inaugural Novel Grapes Book Club Retreat because I am passionate about offering a space to hammock, read, hike and sip wine. Grand lake, here we come!
2) I will wear lingerie! I said it and I meant it. (I guess I didn't mean it because I failed this last month, keeping it because I keep my promises).
The one book I definitely want to read in September is: 'The Girls with the Lower Back Tattoo' by Amy Schumer. We are reading this for my Novel Grapes online book club I lead on Facebook, join in here.
Just for fun, I will… dance at Red Rocks Theater under the stars to Ray Lamontagne LIVE with my husband!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will… host an amazing donation-based vision board party in Ft. Collins with Our Goddess Movement to support my best friend, Matt Hoglund's service trip to Ethiopia with imagine1day!
Your turn, explore your monthly review and get intentional with your month of August. No time like the present to get intentional and maybe press that RESTART button (or hell, even press START).
Happy September to you and you and you! I LOVE FALL!