A Monthly Review: October & November Intentions
Each month I have a ritual of clearing out the bullshit that might have been my previous month, celebrating all the good stuff (a must) and then I create a space for the new month with three new words and goals to set my sails on a conscious course (inspired by the amazing Nicole Antoinette). I find it to be an intentional practice that creates a checks & balances type system, hello accountability and personal responsibility.
So, here we go, November 1 wake up, get up...
The two things I’m most celebrating from October are:
1) I celebrate my parents. This past month I got to SEE and experience their vision come to life as I visited their home in Florida. My parents spoke for years about retiring in Florida, walking the beach on the sand and all the happy hour. And they did it, they really did it! The house is bought, decorated and so damn sweet. Retirement in sight and my heart really expands in size witnessing them as grandparents.
2) Three words. LUSH BATH BOMBS. (Note: This is not a sponsored post. However, I would be really happy if it was...did you hear that LUSH?)
The three things I’m most grateful for from October are:
1) Our Fall Edition of our Rock Your Bliss online program, 7 Weeks to Bliss came to its final week this October. I am so grateful for the participation, the connection, the tribe, the growth I experience every time in leading and living this work. I literally have a countdown ready for the next launch!
2) If you are a friend of mine, you know I bask in the glow of quality time. Erin Thomas, my best friend from IU college days, thank you for the quality time in Indianapolis this past month. So grateful you spent time with the little lady, Evi so I could speak at the conference, so grateful we ordered that second beer and busted out the core value cards in the bar, grateful truly walking the mall with you, and so grateful you keep me around. Thankful for you.
3) I am so grateful for talented friends in my life who share their gifts so radiantly. Like my wedding photographer turned dear friend, Tayler Carlisle, who I love hiking with, sitting with, drinking butter coffee with. We went on a hike this past month in Evergreen, Colorado and styled some fun snaps with brands I love to show love. Evi slept on a plaid blanket while I got to feel like a freaking supermodel in the trees. It was so empowering for me to see pictures of just me. I have been pregnant and holding sweet Evi for the last 16 months. And you know I love it so much. And, I do want you to know, seeing these images, I felt beautiful, I felt powerful, I felt so me in these pictures. That other part of my identity. Thankful for friends who let me see and feel ALL the parts of me.
Anything to release or let go of from October, speak now: Truth be told, I hit the panic button this past month. Deep in the depths of how my life, my bank account, my mother-ing skills and my career life SHOULD look, I lost my way for a hot minute (okay, way longer than a minute). I choose to let go of the tight grip of an old belief system. Letting. that. shit. go.
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from October is: Again and again I learn that communication is key. Whether it is learning to ask for help, sharing when it gets dark in here, and crying in front of my husband, expression is where it is at.
My intention word(s) for November is/are: Trust the timing.
One thing I aim to do every day in November is: Write myself a love note every morning.
Because I am brave, here are two new/scary things I will do in November:
1) I will do a full day digital detox. A say no to screens day. It is so necessary.
2) Cook a three course meal for my husband! (HELP ME!)
The one book I definitely want to read in November is 'Lots of Candle, Plenty of Cake: A Memoir of a Woman's Life' by Anna Quindlen. We are reading this for my Novel Grapes online book club, you are invited, join in here.
Just for fun, I will… sake bomb with my family over Thanksgiving holiday!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will… leave these love notes all over Denver, Houston and Idaho!
Your turn, explore your monthly review and get intentional with your month of November. No time like the present to get intentional and maybe press that RESTART button (or hell, even press START).
Happy November and dare I say it, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!