A Simple Exercise in JOY
Take out a sheet of paper. Now, title the top of the page: JOY.
On that blank canvas of really endless possibilities, start to write down what brings you joy, love and great life moments. Just list it in a big word cloud, go!
Need a kickstart? Try these on to get in the JOY mood:
1) (past) When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
2) (past) Think of a time you were proud of yourself. Just all out, pat myself on the back, go me, proud! What were you up to?
3) (past) Feel a time you felt absolutely connected to someone or a community? Who with and where?
4) (future) Think of an endeavor, adventure or goal that makes your heart beat faster. What are you doing? Who are you with?
5) (future) How do you want to wake up and feel tomorrow?
Note: WRITE IT DOWN. The action of merely answering the question in your head will not suffice. Actually write them down; seeing them on paper is monumental. I am not even kidding.
Okay, now that you have your JOY written down, here, there and everhwhere; I believe we have a bit of a map.
It is time. Be your own tour guide. Lead the way. Take this map and get going on your radical journey of joy. Open up your calendar, find space. Don't have any? Clear space. And then, add more of what is on that paper, add more, more, more JOY to your life. NOW.
It really does feel way better. Boom!