Pull the Triggers
So here I am, the stubborn 7 year old version of myself - knowing I should go say sorry for throwing sand and continue to play on the playground, but I don't want to. As you might recall, I went on Adventure: Aspen a couple of weeks ago, and I just have not been able to bounce back. I feel stressed from playing catch up (which should have been no surprise), I am seriously avoiding my practice (or any type of real sweating, for that matter), I think I am addicted to twitter/facebook/instagram/zite/newtumblraccount/iPhone, and I keep pressing play on episodes of Mad Men at 12am. Don Draper. Period.
I am literally choosing to reject all the things I love to do and instead, sitting in this mud of a funk space that is post-vacation-social-media-addict-catch-up-junkie-overacheiver-do-not-want-to routine.
Well, this evening I dragged myself to yoga and passed way out at the end of the class in Savasana (kudos to a phenomenal teacher). My favorite flannel shirt placed gently over my eyes, some amazing drums sequence bouncing from wall to wall within the space and breath like the Ocean waves, I woke up refreshed, smiling and finally feeling myself again.
Blissing out on my scooter ride home, I realized I really love myself in my yoga practice. I take care of my ever-moving brain, my home of a body, and my big heart. And, I am right where I am supposed to be. And it hit me, there are life triggers available to pull for your favorite life, the life you most love.
Here I have written down my Top 10 favorite-life, life-that-I-most-love triggers:
1) Jacki, get your @ss on that bold blue yoga mat. Breathe, take time, care for you and listen to life through the practice. #flow
2) Dog park trips sans iPhone. Unplug in the middle of the day, soak in the sunshine and love that Bear of a rescued puppy.
3) Peace rides on my Vespa Scooter. Honestly, I still just feel so cool on it.
5) Get in the bath tub. #practicewhatyourpreach
6) Run near the Ocean. Breathe it in and take a life pause.
7) Any type of piping hot drink in a big, round, colorful mug - preferably with whip cream. Outside. Daily.
8) Write down what you are grateful for. Then, actually be grateful. #actionsspeaklouder
9) I love flannel. Maybe, just maybe, I really am a hipster.
10) Setting goals with other people. I feel so juicy in this space, at any moment, at any time.
These are my triggers. I will pull them on the regular. And I'll rock my favorite life! #triggerhappy
What are your life triggers?